SAN Health Check
Again and again you get complaints about the speed of certain applications. No indication can be found that the SAN is slowing down. Statistics on loads, CPU usage, etc., provide no clues – and yet it "feels" slower. A typical situation that SAN managers and administrators tend to encounter repeatedly. The question is:
"Do I have all the necessary information to rule our SAN out as the cause?"
The MEN@NET SAN Health Check provides an opportunity to investigate your SAN using professional tools that are otherwise only available in development labs at manufacturers, and thereby obtain an accurate performance and error profile. Check in advance whether your SAN can handle the demands of your new application.
- Our engineers work directly with your team to determine analysis and event requirements (comparison of manufacturers, product test, predeployment).
- We provide the know-how and professional tools (test access points, monitoring tools, analysers) needed to conduct the analysis. Performance issues are identified on-site, irrespective of the manufacturer.
- Our measurement tools remain in your SAN’s analysis area for a fixed period and capture important information about events, errors and performance in a database which is used for analysis at the end of the health check.
- You receive a performance and fault status notification before launching new applications or making changes to your fabric. This provides a comparative basis for an objective assessment of your SAN performance.
- This extensive, detailed information provides a foundation for new approaches to optimizing your SAN. We show you what is possible.
- Results are presented to your manufacturers, partners and service providers to avoid subsequent errors.
- Lastly, you receive a report on compliance with manufacturer specifications, with validation measurements from newly deployed systems.